Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Painted Dresser

So I finally found a dresser that I think my daughter actually likes. (She really didn't used to be very picky. Maybe it's that she's almost 12?) She wants to see how it looks in her room before she makes any definite decisions. But I love it and I'm tempted to just use it for the baby. (But I guess I'll give Emily the first choice :) Anyhow, this dresser came from KSL for $25. When I saw the carving in the top drawer, I just knew it would be a beauty once painted and glazed. And once again, I took all my painting and glazing tips from All Things Thrifty.



(I forgot to take a completely true before picture. I sanded it slightly and filled in some spots with a wood filler. Then I remembered to take the before.)



And here is the after:









What I used: Kilz spray primer, Krylon Gloss White spray paint, brown glaze, and the handles were Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze.

PS Stay tuned...My next project is going to be sooo fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Really, REALLY cute Natalie! Love that you can just fix up the old handles with Rustoleum. Makes such a difference and is A LOT cheaper.

    ReplyDelete