Friday, May 20, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

...But if not, I will find indoor projects to work on.

First, my sister-in-law found me this adorable bench at a yard sale last weekend. It just needed some cleaning and the fabric needed to be replaced. I thought for sure I had taken a before picture, but I couldn't find it. Here is the after. Oh, I also replaced the knobs. These ones were 50% at Hobby Lobby. We put this in front of Eliza's bedroom window for a window seat/reading bench. So cute--love it! Thanks, Angie!



A few months ago we bought a "new" dining set on KSL. I SWORE I would never buy chairs with fabric seats. But, the price was right so we went ahead. The seats were already ugly, but my kids only made them worse with spills, etc. I KNEW I had to recover them, but with what? I finally chose a laminated cotton fabric that I found on Etsy.com.



This fabric has a vinyl/oil-cloth feel to it, so hopefully spills will be real easy to wipe up. (I haven't had any yet since they've only been in my kitchen since this morning!) The whole set could use a paint job-a la All Things Thrifty--but that's a project that sounds a bit too overwhelming at the moment.



And here's my favorite. On MADE, a fabulous sewing blog, there is a tutorial for making a little dress out of a man's dress shirt! I got this mens large GAP dress shirt for $1 at a yard sale on Saturday. I think it's going to be Eliza's favorite summer outfit. (I didn't make her leggings, but I did make ME a pair of white leggings this week--sorry no pictures!) I also sewed up some baby burp cloths for gifts, and last week I finished my diaper bag that I started over spring break. I'll have to get a picture of that because it's sooo cute!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love the bench makeover! So cute! Love your laundry room too, we just painted ours a similar color. Hope you don't mind I am your newest follower. :)

    ~ Jess
    http://sugar-bloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete